A lovely introduction to Yoga for children and their parents based around The Room on the Broom and other stories.
One is never too young or too old to practice Yoga & childhood is a great place to start.
Once Upon a Yoga Mat is a brand new fun and entirely immersive way of introducing the practise of Yoga to children.These Yoga-telling sessions provide a calm and welcoming space and include Yoga postures, movements, games, poems and rhymes, storytelling, simple breath awareness and relaxation.
In these Yoga-telling sessions you and your child can:
– explore new ways of moving
– learn about their bodies, breath and the relationship between the two
– have an opportunity to be silent and still as well as loud and playful
– enjoy imagining, and being creative
– learn to notice, recognise and express how they feel in their bodies, heads and hearts
– be encouraged to promote kindness, compassion, respect, acceptance, friendship
– learn that everything is interconnected, that we are all part of the same thing and that we must treat each other and the world around us with respect, gratitude and humility.